Please submit all of the following items and information in one proposal. Incomplete applications will not be accepted and may not be notified. Please do not staple, bind or print proposal double-sided. Do not fax or email submission.
Grant proposals must include the following:
- Completed cover sheet (see page 2 below).
- A brief background on the department.
- For existing K-9 units: Demonstrated success of the K-9 unit, including the number of K-9 calls received annually.
- For new K-9 units: Please outline the need for a new unit and an estimate of anticipated K-9 calls. In addition, include documentation proving the K-9 has been approved by all necessary parties, when applicable. See cover page questions for further information.
- Description of requested item(s) for the K-9 unit including amount requested and explanation of how it will be used.
- A K-9 specific budget (this need not exceed two pages). DO NOT SEND ENTIRE DEPARTMENT BUDGET.
- Summary of how the K-9 unit has previously been funded.
- Explanation of how the K-9 unit will continue to support and sustain itself in the coming years.
- Letter of support from sponsoring 501(c)(3) organization/charity (if using an outside entity).
- Sponsoring organization’s 501(c)(3) determination letter from the IRS.
DEADLINE AND EVALUATION:
Must be postmarked by Thursday, August 15, 2019. Late or incomplete applications will NOT be accepted. Applications will be evaluated on the following: thoroughness of presentation and inclusion of all requested materials; project readiness; demonstrated need; proof of sustainability through both external and internal support; and level of proposed impact.
Click here to download the full eligibility requirements and application.