Please submit all of the following items and information in one proposal. Incomplete applications will not be accepted and may not be notified. Please do not staple, bind or print proposal double-sided. Do not fax or email submission.
Grant proposals must include the following:
- A brief background on the department.
- For existing K-9 units: Demonstrated success of the K-9 unit, including the number of K-9 calls received annually and a summary of how the K-9 unit has previously been funded.
- For new K-9 units: Please outline the need for a new unit and an estimate of anticipated K-9 related calls. In addition, include documentation proving the K-9 has been approved by all necessary parties, if applicable.
- Description of requested item(s) for the K-9 unit including amount requested and explanation of how it will be used.
- A K-9 specific budget, need not exceed two pages. Do not send the entire department budget.
- Explanation of how the K-9 unit will continue to support and sustain itself in the coming years. Grant requests should not exceed $10,000.
- Letter of support from sponsoring 501(c)(3) organization/charity. (Not required if using an internal police foundation.)
- Sponsoring organization’s 501(c)(3) determination letter from the IRS showing EIN.
DEADLINE AND EVALUATION:
The Ben Roethlisberger Foundation will accept applications from September 1 to December 31, 2020. Grant awards will be made at the discretion of the Foundation on a rolling basis. Announcements will not be tied to the Steelers’ schedule. Late or incomplete applications will NOT be accepted. Applications will be evaluated on the following: thoroughness of presentation and inclusion of all requested materials; project readiness; demonstrated need; proof of sustainability through both external and internal support; and level of proposed impact.
Click here to download the full eligibility requirements and application.